Licenses & Regulations
- Vermont law requires all dogs and wolf hybrids over 6 months old to be licensed.
- Owners must present a current rabies certificate to the Town Clerk by April 1 each year.
- Certificate of spayed or neutered must be presented for reduced license fee.
- Annual FEES:
- neutered is $8
- non-neutered is $12
- After April 1 there is an increase of 50%.
- Annual Rabies Clinic offered in March at the Firehouse. Provided by Dr. Scott MacLachlan of Poultney Veterinary Services. Watch the middleTOWN NEWSletter and Front Porch Forum for details.
- VSA Title 20 §3621 states “the legislative body of a municipality may at any time issue a warrant to one or more police officers, or constables, or pound keepers, directing them to proceed forthwith to destroy in a humane way or cause to be destroyed in a humane way all dogs or wolf hybrids within the town or city not licensed …”
See the Town Animal Ordinance